Hello there, I’m Helen Lindop. Nice to meet you!
I’ve always been the person who gets the people and the tech working together. Ever since I was a 10 year old watching Tomorrow’s World I was fascinated by how tech can make people’s lives better. That led to me working as a technology teacher, a software trainer and more recently a part-time e-learning lecturer. But I’ve also had a fascination with small business.
I spent quite a few years tinkering around with how I could best apply my tech skills to small businesses, including web design, social media and creating courses. Throughout this, email was the glue that held it all together. If you do anything, you email people about it. New product? Email. New event? Email. How’s it all going? Email.
Social media platforms and SEO have been a rollercoaster ride but email is still here. And because it’s frankly a bit old hat to a lot of people, it gets pushed to the background. That means there’s a ton of potential that’s not being used. And that’s where I feel I can best help.
I work mainly with Mailerlite and MailChimp but I’ve also worked with Campaign Monitor, ActiveCampaign, Convertkit and Klaviyo.
You may spot a little robot on my website, called Speedy. Cartooning is a hobby of mine, and one day when I was bored of the stock photos on my blog, I wondered if I could create a character that was all about technology, but with friendly, human side. And my robot Speedy was born.
- BSC (Hons) Physics with Medical Physics – Cardiff university
- Email marketing eCRM expert track –Open University and Target Internet
- Fundamentals of Digital Marketing – Open University and Google
- I’m a Mailerlite Expert and have Mailchimp Foundations certification.
- Diploma in Training and Development – Leicester University
- PGCE – secondary school teaching qualification – Roehampton University
- Many years of experience in software training and e-learning.
- A lot of hands-on trial and error practice on WordPress websites, social media when promoting my own products and digital services!